Skateboarding is an exciting sport, but it’s also a dirty one. If you’re like most skaters, chances are you don’t even give your deck a second thought after every session. However, the accumulation of dust, dirt and other debris that builds up over time can have an adverse effect on your board if you fail to take care of it properly.
Fortunately, cleaning your skateboard isn’t too difficult. In this article, we’ll go through everything you need to know about how to clean a skateboard so it stays in tip-top shape for as long as possible.
How to Clean a Skateboard?
Below are the instructions on how to clean your skateboard.
- Start by wetting down your sponge or rag with water.
- Add a little bit of mild soap or detergent to the sponge or rag.
- Gently scrub your skateboard deck, trucks, and wheels with the soap-filled sponge or rag.
- Rinse off the soap with clean water.
- Use a soft bristle brush to remove any stubborn dirt or grime (optional).
- Allow your skateboard to air dry completely before riding it again.
What Do I Need to Clean a Skateboard?
You will need these tools and materials when cleaning your skateboard.
- Mild soap or detergent
- Sponge or rag
- Soft bristle brush (optional)
What Do I Need to Remember When Cleaning a Skateboard?
Below are additional tips and advice when cleaning your skateboard.
- If your skateboard is particularly dirty, you may need to repeat steps 3 to 5 above until it’s clean.
- Don’t use a harsh cleaning agent or scrub too vigorously, as this could damage your skateboard.
- If you’re having trouble getting your skateboard clean, you can also try soaking it in a bucket of soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes before scrubbing.
- Be sure to dry off your skateboard completely before riding, as wet wheels can be slippery and dangerous .
- Try to clean your skateboard at least once a month to keep it in good condition.
Is It Okay to Wash Your Skateboard?
Yes, it is perfectly fine to wash your skateboard. In fact, it’s actually necessary from time to time in order to keep it in good condition.
Can You Clean a Skateboard Deck?
Yes, you can clean a skateboard deck. In fact, it’s actually necessary from time to time in order to keep it in good condition.
Can You Use Rubbing Alcohol to Clean a Skateboard?
No, you should not use rubbing alcohol to clean a skateboard. Rubbing alcohol is too harsh and can damage the deck, trucks, and wheels.
What Are the Benefits of Cleaning My Skateboard?
Cleaning your skateboard on a regular basis has several benefits. First, it will help to extend the life of your board by preventing the build-up of dirt and grime that can cause wear and tear. Second, it will keep your board looking good as new. And lastly, it will help to improve your riding experience by providing you with a clean, smooth surface to ride on.
Skateboarding is an activity that involves using the skateboard for a long time. As such, it is important to clean the skateboard regularly so that it does not accumulate dirt and germs. Even though your board may seem clean after you finish riding it, it is always recommended to give it a deep clean once in a while as well.
Cleaning your skateboard regularly will help prevent dust, dirt, and other grime from settling into the pores of your deck. It will also help keep your deck free from odors.