A TaoTao or scooter is a type of small electric vehicle that is designed for short local travel. This article will explain to you everything you want to know about this Chinese scooter brand.
Who Makes TaoTao Scooters?
The TaoTao brand is owned by the Chinese company, Jinyun County Tianhong Machinery Co. Ltd. The company is based in Jinhua, Zhejiang Province, China, and was founded in 2002. TaoTao produces a range of small electric vehicles including scooters, electric bicycles, ATVs, and go-karts.
How Do TaoTao Scooters Work?
TaoTao Scooters are powered by an electric motor and driven with the use of handlebars. The motor is located in the rear of the vehicle and is connected to the rear wheel.
What is the Size of TaoTao Scooters?
TaoTao Scooters are typically small, light vehicles that are designed for short local travel. The exact dimensions of a TaoTao Scooter will vary depending on the model.
What is the Maximum Weight Requirement of TaoTao Scooters?
The maximum weight limit for TaoTao Scooters is typically 220 pounds.
How Far Can TaoTao Scooters Go?
The maximum distance that a TaoTao Scooter can travel will vary depending on the model. However, most TaoTao Scooters have a range of 20-30 miles.
What Are the Features of TaoTao Scooters?
Some of the features of TaoTao Scooters include:
- Electric Motor. Located in the rear of the vehicle and is connected to the rear wheel.
- Handlebars. Used to steer the vehicle.
- Seat. Designed for one person.
- Footrests. For the rider’s feet.
- Headlight. For illumination while riding at night or in low-light conditions.
- Taillight. For visibility from behind.
What Are the Benefits of TaoTao Scooters?
Some of the benefits of TaoTao Scooters include:
- Economical. TaoTao Scooters are more affordable than cars or trucks, making them a budget-friendly option for many people.
- Environmentally Friendly. Electric scooters produce no emissions, making them a greener option than gas-powered vehicles.
- Convenient. TaoTao Scooters are easy to park and can be ridden on sidewalks, making them a convenient option for short local trips.
- Fun. TaoTao Scooters are fun to ride and offer an enjoyable way to get around town.
What Are the Different Types of TaoTao Scooters?
Some of the different types of TaoTao Scooters include:
- TaoTao Thunder 50. This is a gas-powered scooter that has a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour. It features a four-stroke, 50cc engine and has a range of 20-30 miles.
- TaoTao ATM50A1. This is an electric scooter that has a maximum speed of 15 miles per hour. It features an 800-watt motor and has a range of 20-30 miles.
- TaoTao Racer 50. This is a gas-powered scooter that has a maximum speed of 40 miles per hour. It features a two-stroke, 50cc engine and has a range of 20-30 miles.
What is the Price Range of TaoTao Scooters?
The price of a TaoTao Scooter will vary depending on the model and features. Prices for TaoTao Scooters start at around $500 and can go up to $1,500.
Where Can I Buy a TaoTao Scooter?
TaoTao Scooters are available for purchase from a variety of retailers. You can find a list of authorized TaoTao dealers on the company’s website.
Are TaoTao Scooters Street Legal?
The answer to this question depends on the laws in your specific state or country. In some states or countries, electric scooters are considered “street legal” and can be ridden on sidewalks and roads. However, in other states or countries, electric scooters may not be considered “street legal” and can only be ridden on private property.
How Do I Register My TaoTao Scooter?
To register your TaoTao scooter, you will need to submit a completed application form and proof of ownership to your local DMV office. You will also need to pay the required registration fee.
Is Insurance Required for a TaoTao Scooter?
While insurance is not required, it is strongly recommended. Scooter insurance can help to protect you financially in the event of an accident or theft.
What Are Some Common Problems With TaoTao Scooters?
Some common problems with TaoTao Scooters include:
- Dead Battery. If your battery is dead, you will need to replace it.
- Flat Tire. If you have a flat tire, you will need to repair or replace it.
- Loose Handlebars. If your handlebars are loose, you will need to tighten them.
Is It Safe to Ride a TaoTao Scooter?
Yes, it is safe to ride a TaoTao Scooter. However, as with any type of vehicle, there are certain risks involved. Be sure to always wear a helmet and follow all traffic laws when riding your scooter.
Can I Ride a TaoTao Scooter With a Passenger?
Most TaoTao Scooters are designed for single riders only. However, there are some models that can accommodate a passenger. Be sure to check the weight limit and other specifications of your specific scooter model before riding with a passenger.
Can I Ride a TaoTao Scooter in the Rain?
Yes, you can ride a TaoTao Scooter in the rain. However, you should exercise caution as riding in wet weather can be more dangerous than riding in dry conditions. Be sure to take extra care when braking and turning, and avoid puddles and other potential hazards.
Is TaoTao a Good Brand?
TaoTao is a good brand that offers a variety of scooters to suit different needs and budgets. TaoTao Scooters are generally well-made and offer good value for the price.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly, environmentally friendly, and convenient way to get around town, a TaoTao Scooter may be a good option for you.