Do you want to keep your deck in good condition? Prevent it from getting damaged? Worry no more because now you know how to wrap a skateboard. Skateboarding is one of the most popular and thrilling sports today. If you are also into this, then it’s high time that you learn how to wrap a skateboard. This article will teach you everything that you need to know about wrapping a skateboard.
How to Put Trucks on a Skateboard?
Follow these instructions if you want to wrap your skateboard.
- First, you need to measure the length and width of your deck. To do this, you can use a tape measure . Once you have the measurements, mark them down on a piece of paper using a permanent marker or pen.
- Next, cut out a piece of grip tape that is slightly larger than your deck. Make sure that the grip tape is big enough so that it can wrap around the edges of your deck.
- Apply a thin layer of rubber cement or spray adhesive on the back of the grip tape. Be careful not to apply too much adhesive because it will make the grip tape difficult to remove later on.
- Now, carefully place the grip tape on top of your deck and press down firmly. Make sure that there are no bubbles or wrinkles on the grip tape.
- Trim off the excess grip tape around the edges of your deck using a sharp pair of scissors.
- Finally, apply a piece of clear packing tape over the grip tape to protect it from peeling off.
What Are the Materials Needed to Wrap a Skateboard?
The materials needed to wrap a skateboard are as follows.
- Tape measure
- Permanent marker or pen
- Sharp scissors
- Rubber cement or spray adhesive
- 1 sheet of grip tape
- 1 sheet of clear packing tape
How Do You Shrink Wrap a Skateboard?
Here are the steps on how to shrink wrap a skateboard:
- Measure the length and width of your deck first. Make a note of the measurements on a piece of paper after you have them.
- Using shrink wrap, cut a piece somewhat larger than your deck.
- Now, position the shrink wrap over your deck and heat it up with the heat gun. Be careful not to hold the heat gun too close to the shrink wrap because it can cause it to melt.
- As you are heating up the shrink wrap, slowly move it over your deck so that it shrinks evenly.
- Once the shrink wrap has shrunk completely, use a sharp knife to trim off the excess around the edges of your deck.
What Are the Materials Needed to Shrink Wrap a Skateboard?
To shrink wrap a skateboard, you will need the following materials:
- A heat gun
- A piece of shrink wrap
- A sharp knife
Why Do I Need to Wrap My Skateboard?
There are several reasons why you need to wrap your skateboard. The most important reason is that it will protect your deck from getting damaged. Grip tape helps to prevent your feet from slipping when you are skating and it also provides a cushion for your deck if you happen to fall.
Another reason for wrapping your skateboard is to customize it and make it look more unique. You can choose from a variety of colors and designs when you wrap your skateboard.
Wrapping a skateboard is not difficult to do but it does take some time and patience. With these helpful tips, you will be able to wrap your skateboard like a pro in no time.