Jumpings are vital in any skatepark and will surely help you get better at riding your skateboard by testing out different tricks. However, learning how to jump on a skateboard requires some extra effort on your end; but trust us, it’s worth it. Here’s how you should jump on a skateboard so that you can start getting better at it as soon as possible.
How to Jump on a Skateboard?
It takes some effort to learn how to jump on a skateboard but it is definitely worth it in the end. You will be able to progress much faster and learn new tricks if you can do them properly. Here are some tips on how you should jump on a skateboard:
- Get Into Position. The first thing you need to do is get into position. You should be standing on the board in a comfortable position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Once you’re in position, gently lean forward and place your front foot on the nose of the board.
- Shift Your Weight. Once you have your front foot in place, shift your weight forward until the board starts to tip. It’s important that you don’t shift your weight too quickly or you’ll end up going over the handlebars.
- Push Off. When the board is tipping, push off with your back foot and jump into the air. As you jump, tuck your knees into your chest so that you can get more height.
- Land Safely. After you’ve jumped, it’s important that you land in a safe position. Try to land with both feet on the board and your knees bent so that you can absorb the impact. If you land correctly, you’ll be able to ride away without any problems.
- Practice. Jumping on a skateboard takes some practice so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it right away. Keep trying and eventually, you’ll be able to do it without any trouble.
Where Should Your Weight Be When Skateboarding?
Your weight should be evenly distributed when skateboarding. This means that you shouldn’t have too much weight on either your front or back foot. Having your weight balanced will help you maintain control of the board and make it easier to do tricks.
How Do You Jump Higher on a Skateboard?
Jumping higher on a skateboard is all about getting more height. You can do this by tucking your knees into your chest when you jump and by using your arms to generate more power. Practice jumping off of small ramps or ledges to get the hang of it.
How Do You Jump and Run on a Skateboard?
Jumping and running on a skateboard is known as an ollie. To do an ollie, you need to jump into the air and use your arms to help you get more height. As you jump, tuck your knees into your chest and land with both feet on the board. Once you’ve landed, quickly push off with your back foot and continue running.
What is the Best Way to Land After a Jump?
The best way to land after a jump is to land with both feet on the board and your knees bent. This will help you absorb the impact of the jump  and keep you from falling off the board. It’s also a good idea to practice landing in this position so that you can get used to it.
With these tips, you should be able to jump on a skateboard like a pro in no time. Just remember to practice so that you can perfect your technique. Soon enough, you’ll be able to show off your skills to all of your friends.